On January 18, our Spring Semester 2016 will start. Class registration is already in full swing! In addition to our previous schedule, we offer some exciting new classes:
- 4-7 year-old children who want to strengthen their German language skills are encouraged to check out our theater class with Petra Landfester and Gabi Werkmeister.
- Adults can practice their German by discussing current topics in Germany and Europe in our advanced conversational class with Sabine Cetinkaya-Kruse.
- Frank Conrad will give presentations about German history, art history and geography.
- Private classes can be scheduled through the school with a teacher of your choice.
We are very flexible and open to any other new ideas and will try to make it happen! We welcome any suggestions you might have.
We are planning more cultural events during this semester that will be a regular part of our annual schedule in the future. Heads up for our German Carnival celebration in February and Maypole Dance (Tanz in den Mai) in May! In addition, we are thinking about summer camps with fun activities in German for all children. – More info on these activities will follow.
On the organizational side:
Registration for classes will be easier Soon you ‘ll be able to register online conveniently through our website www.bouldergermanschool.org/classes/registration. Our teachers will participate this month in a training course so we can offer exams for the German Language Diploma (Deutsches Sprachdiplom, DSD) in the near future. We hope to receive approval soon from the IRS as an official non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) status.
In summary, so far it has been an awesome and fun experience for the whole wonderful team of teachers, administrative staff, web designers and all other friends who actively helped us. We’re looking forward to your continuing support, to a growing program and an overall successful Boulder School for German Language and Culture.
– Thank you!! We all wish you a prosperous 2016!